<$BlogRSDUrl$>

segunda-feira, abril 19, 2004

As good as it gets 


Hoje estou mesmo numa de filmes... Mas aqui fica mais um grande, GRANDE filme!!!

MELVIN (to Carol): Okay, I got a real great compliment for you and it's true.

CAROL: I am so afraid you're about to say something awful...

MELVIN: Don't be pessimistic. It's not your style. Okay... Here I goes... Clearly a mistake.
(this is hell for him) I have this -- what? Ailment... And my doctor -- a shrink... who I used to see all the time... he says 50 or 60 percent of the time a pill can really help. I hate pills. Very dangerous things, pills. "Hate", I am using the word "hate" about pills. My compliment is that when you came to my house that time and told me how you'd never -- well, you were there, you know... The next morning I started taking these pills.

CAROL: (a little confused) I don't quite get how that's a compliment for me.

Amazing that something in Melvin rises to the occasion -- so that he uncharacteristically looks at her directly -- then:

MELVIN: You make me want to be a better man.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?